Have You Been Injured In A Slip-And-Fall Accident In South Florida?
Slip-and-fall accidents often have surprisingly serious consequences. Injuries may be severe or fatal and range from broken bones to spinal cord damage and traumatic brain injuries. And while the case may appear to be simple, they typically are more complex than people realize, largely due to the laws that govern these matters.
I am attorney Jared K. Newman, Esq., and I have the experience necessary to seek compensation for you after a slip-and-fall accident. I know Florida premises liability law, and I have been representing residents and visitors for over 10 years. After discussing your accident, I will explain your options and what types of compensation you may be able to recover. Contact me today at 954-866-1790 to schedule a free consultation.
How Did Your Injury Happen?
There are many reasons that people slip and fall, but a few of the most common reasons include:
- Grocery store accidents, which can be caused by unattended spills, fallen produce, refrigerator leaks and more
- Restaurant accidents, which can be caused by negligent employees, unattended spills, rainwater and more
- Department store accidents, which can be caused by negligent employees, rainwater, unattended spills, ceiling leaks and more
- Private property accidents, which can include slipping and falling at someone’s home on wet or slick surfaces, on broken flooring or into an open hazard such as an unfenced pool
This is not a complete list. Please contact my office if your accident is not mentioned above.
Steps To Take After A Florida Slip-And-Fall Accident
- If you are hurt, call 911 or request that the store manager or employee tending to you call 911.
- Fill out an accident/incident report with the store manager on duty. It is very important to do this. Otherwise, it may be difficult to prove that you were at the location where you slipped and fell.
- While you wait for the police and/or fire rescue to arrive, do your best to take pictures (of the ground showing the substance, of the scene, of your clothing and of the area surrounding where you fell). It is important to document what caused you to fall. This can be extremely helpful later.
- Obtain the names of any employees or management that you speak to. If possible, obtain the names and telephone number of any witnesses.
- It is important to document your injuries. Make sure you let the store manager know of your injuries, get medical care and keep notes of your injuries. Save your clothing and shoes.
- Do not sign anything.
- Do not speak to insurance adjusters regarding the accident as anything you discuss may be held against you later.
- Reach out to an experienced South Florida attorney who will aggressively fight for compensation.
Clients Rely On My Experience And Compassion
I know that suffering an injury or losing a family member is extremely difficult. I will treat you with care and respect throughout your case. To get started, just call me at 954-866-1790 or fill out a brief online form. Your consultation is free. We can talk in person, by phone or by videoconference. From offices in Hallandale and Hollywood, I represent people throughout South Florida.